In Ayurveda, raw apples are good for Pitta and Kapha body constitutions. Vata predominant people should eat well cooked and spiced apples (because of their dryness).
1. Raw apple and fresh apple juice can relieve constipation (this also can stimulate Vata dosha)
2. Chew a peeled apple 1 hour after a meal to activate bowel movements and clean tongue and teeth
3. Fresh apple juice can help against burning sensations (gastritis, colitis, bladder infections)
4. Peeled and cooked apples with a pinch of nutmeg, saffron and 1 tsp of ghee help to reduce diarrhea
Sweet snack idea:
1. Take 5 peeled apples and remove their core
2. Blend it and add honey (to taste)
3. Add ¼ tsp of cardamom powder, a pinch of saffron and nutmeg powder and 10 drops of rose water
4. Do not consume milk, yogurt or fish 4 hours before/after this dessert (incompatible food combination)
Note: These are only suggestions which do not replace any advices from a qualified Ayurvedic physician.