For anyone suffering from thyroid issues: What kind of food should you avoid to promote the health of your thyroid?
• Nightshades: eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes and white potatoes.
These nightshades can shrink the channels of your body.
• Onion and garlic: As onion and garlic act like antiobiotics, they can deplete the friendly gut bacteria and promote the foundation for food allergies and autoimmune diseases.
• Seeds: Avoid chia, hemp and pumpkin seeds as they have a channel clogging function.
• Red meat, pork and processed meat
• Mushrooms: They are channel clogging
• Hard aged cheeses: These cheeses have lost their water and can hence block the channels
• Soy products: Tofu, soy milk, edamame are also channel clogging
• Nut butters: Peanut, almond and cashew nut butter are heavy to cross the throat, although this is the largest channel in the body.
• Cold dairy products: These foods block the channels as they contain fat that congeals when it is cold. Ayurveda always recommends to heat dairy products to make them more digestible.
• Vinegar: Vinegar is too acidic and sour. Use instead fresh lime or lemon juice.
If you would like to get more information, please contact us to speak to Ayurveda Dr. Dinil Paul